Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Irish Furniture

(M. Ford Creech)

Pair of George I Irish Cuban Mahogany Carved Side Chairs with ribbon carved knees and web carved pad feet.




(M. Ford Creech)


The rectangular molded top above a conforming case with three short drawers and a shaped apron, on
foliate-carved well shaped cabriole legs ending in ball and claw feet; excellent color and patination.

Anyone swooning?  I'm on the floor!  Want to see more beauties?  
Be sure to visit:

Laurelwood Collection
581 South Perkins Road
Memphis, TN 38117
901-761-1163 / Fax 901-761-1227
Wed - Sat 11-6, or by appointment

Hopefully, you'll have the luck of the Irish and find a pot full of fabulous treasures!
Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

One more thing:
Today is PVE's birthday.  Run over and wish her the best.  
She's so very kind and talented!
[DSC_0375pve.jpg]

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Particularly love the foot detail on those chairs.

    May I just hire you once I move into my Georgian manse (which I shall somehow find in Austin) someday & ask you to decorate everything? Great, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know the Irish made furniture!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an appropriate post for today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely. Especially those chairs. My dining room makes me so sad - I really need a nice mahogany set like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the pictures of this fine Irish antiques to celebrate this day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely Irish antiques, guess that must be where the expression -"A wooden leg" comes from. I also thank you for your kind b-day wish.
    I am still floating from all the attention.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous pieces. I am a sucker for small tables and desks and clocks and .... Can never have too many.

    ReplyDelete