Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall Desire


photo: Lotos Club Library


"The Ex Libris candle is part of the Modern Alchemy collection by D. L. & Co. In this candle, antiquated leather-bond volumes of handmade papers and parchment permeate and seduce the senses."
I'm sold. I want one of these candles.
I think it must be the weather changing. It's officially fall.

What about this one:
"D.L. & Co's Modern Alchemy Salem candle is infused with scents of New England maple, hickory and walnut and are set ablaze in a ravenous bonfire consuming the imagination."
(Call me warped, but the name just cracks me up!)


Have you discovered any new "wants" for the season?
Pour yourself another cup of coffee, wrap up in your favorite throw and tell me all about it.


October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Everyone, check yourself today.
(Men can get breast cancer too!
Statistically, 440 men will die this year as a result of breast cancer.
Imagine that.)
20-something gals can get it too. Yall be aware!

6 comments:

  1. This my favorite month in my favorite season. We build our first fire this evening with a glass of wine and a family room aglow with candles ~ it was wonderful. I'm ready to enjoy all that fall has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from Kansas,
    These are great rooms!

    Autumn blessings to you,
    d from homehaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful rooms! And thanks for the lovely reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talk about architecture, that first room ownes me. I love a room that only takes three pieces of furniture to complete. You find the best rooms.
    I'm with you, the candle names crack me up too, but so seductive.
    As always, love this post.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful rooms! I'll have to check out those candles. Thanks for the reminder about breast cancer awareness. My aunt was just diagnosed with breast cancer this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i will always love 'the chesterfield sofa.'
    you can upholster it in almost anything and
    it is always fabulous.
    x

    ReplyDelete